According to the latest figures from the Alaska Dept. of Health and Social Services, 39.1% of Alaskans (age 16 years and older) are deemed “fully vaccinated.” A total of 47.1% have had at least one COVID injection.
Alaskans living in some regions of the state, however, are much less inclined to roll up their sleeves for the COVID jab.
Here’s how the numbers break down by area.
PERCENT DEEMED “FULLY” VACCINATED BY REGION
- Other Southeast Region – Northern: 62.3%
- YK-Delta Region: 56.4%
- Juneau City and Borough: 55.4%
- Northwest Region: 48.8%
- Other Southeast Region – Southern: 43%
- Southwest Region: 41.7%
- Anchorage Municipality: 41.2%
- Other Interior Region: 40.9%
- Kenai Peninsula Borough: 34.6%
- Fairbanks North Star Borough: 31.1%
- Matanuska-Susitna Region: 25.6%
As of April 16, there are 39 patients diagnosed with COVID who are currently hospitalized in Alaska. The percentage of patients hospitalized while having COVID is 3.7% of all hospitalizations.