Alaska Watchman is an independent news agency dedicated to providing accurate and extensive coverage of issues concerning religious freedom and speech, pro-life issues, family life and parental rights, homosexuality and LGBT issues, education and culture. Our purpose is to report on topics rarely covered by other media outlets, and with an emphasis on how these issues affect Alaskans.
Our weekly online reports are available for use by numerous organizations, publications, educators, professionals and political and religious groups across Alaska and beyond.
We have a predominant emphasis on issues directly related to Alaska and our reports include breaking news, features, news briefs, calendar events, letters to the editor and op-ed pieces.
Alaska Watchman Core Principles
- Accuracy in content and professional-level writing is a high priority. When errors or clarifications are needed we will run them prominently and in a timely manner.
- While there are several pro-life and family news outlets that focus on national and international news, Alaska Watchman recognizes that most changes in society begin at the local level. By informing readers about the activities of local political bodies, public officials, elected representatives, public organizations and religious and cultural groups we aim to equip Alaskans with knowledge to make a difference at the grassroots level.
- Our reports emphasize the social value of traditional Judeo-Christian principles and the natural law but are also respectful of all authentic religions and cultures that esteem life, family and universal norms of morality.
- We understand that respect for life and family, the foundations of any enduring culture, are endangered by contemporary ideologies that attempt to eliminate or minimize Christian morality and natural law principles from the public square.
- Alaska Watchman understands that abortion, euthanasia, homosexuality and all other life and family issues are interconnected. We attempt to provide readers with the big picture and the most useful and up-to-date information regarding these issues.
- In these and other areas, we attempt to bring greater clarity and foster constructive dialogue that can help inform appropriate actions for the common good.
In order to ensure the broadest freedoms in reporting on political and social issues we are organized as a for-profit media outlet. This allows us to report on direct political actions and gives us freedom to cover the activities of individual political candidates and/or parties.
Our writers are primarily located in Alaska. They include professional reporters as well as columnists from a variety of backgrounds, specialties and disciplines.
We network with faith and culture leaders as well as pro-life and family organizations across Alaska and the United States.
Alaska Watchman sells advertising and accepts sponsorships and donations from our readers in order to maintain a free online news service and website.
Alaska Watchman advisory board will be comprised of representatives from Evangelical, Orthodox, Catholic and Protestant backgrounds.
Groups are welcome to republish Alaska Watchman reports in church bulletins or organizational newsletters. We ask that you email us for more information about our guidelines. Individuals, organizations, churches, non-profit groups and others are welcome to forward content from Alaska Watchman through email or post on social media and other websites provided that material obtained from Alaska Watchman is not altered or changed in any way other than potentially abbreviated and linked to for space purposes.
Legal notice regarding use of Alaska Watchman content
You may not sell, rent, modify, create derivative works from, or in any way commercially use the materials carried on Alaska Watchman, nor may you infringe upon any of the copyrights or other intellectual property rights contained in the materials.
Third-Party links, pointers and advertisements
Alaska Watchman may, from time to time, contain links or pointers to Internet websites maintained by third parties. Alaska Watchman does not operate or control in any way any information, products or services on these third-party sites. Alaska Watchman expressly disclaims any responsibility for such third-party sites, which are provided for your convenience on an “as is” basis without warranties of any kind, express or implied.
Advertisements appearing on the Alaska Watchman web site are paid advertisements and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Alaska Watchman, its staff, writers or other representatives.
Unless noted, all material displayed or transmitted on Alaska Watchman, including but not limited to text, photographs, images, illustrations, video clips, audio clips, and graphics are owned by Alaska Watchman.com, and are protected by copyright.